Sunday, January 13, 2008

When God Says Wait!

Well here goes - my very first blog entry of my very own!

It's not like I have time to do it, or because everyone else is doing it. I guess as life moves on - it's time to put in my two cents on the World Wide Web LOL!

As many of my friends and family know, our family has had a somewhat rough 2007/2008.

In July, I was diagnosed with a blood clot in one of my sinus veins. In September, my husband came down with Meningitis, and then in December, I slipped and ended up tearing my ACL. In between that add all the coughs, colds, and flu bugs that 2 toddlers can bring home every month it seems - and you feel as we do. We also had 2 deaths in the family - the first of my aunt in August and the other of my husband's grandfather in December.

Many people have commented - Wow, your family has gone thru so much, and though I might agree at times - I begin to look at the lives of people around me and I feel so blessed! Several have wondered and even commented to me - Why would God allow so much to happen to one family?

I am comforted so many times by I Corinthians 10:13 - "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."
God has been so faithful to us in providing for our needs, and He has promised that He will not allow anything to come into my life that I will not be able to bear with His help! Claiming this promise has kept my faith stronger then ever before.

I also think of the verse II Corinthians 12:10, "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." God has used the sicknesses in our lives to draw me closer to Him. I am a very strong person and that has a way of making me less dependent upon God. I believe that God has allowed things to come into my life to take the "control" out of my hands and for me to be totally dependent upon Him. When I put my trust in His almighty hands and give Him the control, I become stronger!

So for now, though I pray that these things do not happen to me or for God to take them away - sometimes He just is saying - Psalms 27 14 "Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. "

Here is our last full Penn (Mom Myers' side) photo on Thanksgiving Day before Gpa Penn passed away.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on entering blog-land!

WeRLivingFree

Polly McLain said...

What a great way to start a blog--I'm proud of you for your great insight into all that God has "allowed" in your lives! As we know, these trials are intended to draw us closer, not drive us away from His loving hands.
I just wanted to let you know I visited your site and look forward to another way of contact in this amazing computer age!!!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi there my dear friend! We have one more thing in common now! YEA!! Remember that the Lord won't give you more then you can handle, and if you find yourself doubtfull just find your way towards me and I will remind you!! Luvs you lots!!

Emily/Randomability said...

Welcome to the land of Blog!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!

Anonymous said...

You have wonderful pictures here, hhhhhmmmmm. Maybe, I'll figure out that part myself soon. hahaha

Monica said...

Good job, Anne! I think blogging is way easier than trying to keep people updated individually :) I think you will like it. Then we all get to see pictures of your family as well.

My blog is www.thekishconnection.blogspot.com

aliciadawn said...

So fun reading your blog. It will be fun to see what is going on through a more daily writing. Catch up on us, too...
www.mommydayze.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

My January was like your December and 2006. My grandpa died on New Year's Eve and then there have been health issues and injuries in my family since. It has been a horrible month and it just seems to keep heaping up on us. I know though that it is temporary and I just ride it out and sit and think about all the good things. Your blog is great and your kids are so cute.

HH